Question: Please help !Do I suffer from a metal problem?

flipgirl - Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:26 pm

my shimptoms started almost 1 year ago exactly 4 hours before new year's eve,when apparently I had a panic attack ,I was taken to emergency where they injected intravenal
calcium.
I was in shock ,I was 100% sure I'm going to die ,I couldn;t breathe at all , I was so dizzy that somethimes I couldn't even see in front of me ,I was crying for no reason.
after that I went to my familly doctor and had a general consultation where she agreed that there's nothing fizically wrong with me exept for my calcium and magnesium levels ,for 2 weeks I had calcium and magnesium injections .
I felt good a while and after about 1 month I started to feel the same again.
Since then ... I've been going to a doctor ,she done all kinds of blood tests on me and she can't find anything wrong.
For 1 year I feel each day -dizzy (teriblly) ,I feel I'm suffocating myself, I can't see or hear clearly sometimes ,I feel chest pains ,liver pains recently(I was told after the blood test that my liver is fine),I'm terrified to stay alone in my apartment (I'm ok when my house mates are there but when I'm alone in the evening I'm terified),I cant' concentrate myself on anything and I can't even start to talk about some of my depresive moments that I ussually have at night if I'm alone .
I have to say that my life is normal ,I love my familly and my fiancee ,I'm happy with my friends .I had a very difficult chilhood and with my father having drinking problems .
Please give me an advise !!!! Anything ! I don't know what to do anymore .Everyday I feel like I'm going to die .
 dsjeya - Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:39 am

you seem to suffer from anxiety neurosis,get psychiatrist help
 BubblegumGirl - Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:55 pm

Hi I feel the same way that you do. My panic is really bad too. I have not gottoen anwsers yet, but I to am afraid to stay alone. What kunds of medicines do you take if any. I have not had my levels of calcium and mag checked but aht is a good thing because they can cause panic too. I would continue to get test rans to rule out everything my doctor has recommeneded that. I hope that you get better. A nerve medication would help with all your anxiety. Please get back to me. Oh and do you have trouble going out in public around large crowds or driving. Take care
 flipgirl - Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:07 pm

I don't take any medicine yet ....but lately I've been thinking very serious of going to a pshihyatrist .I've been having this feeling for 1 year now.I can't even began to tell you how bad they are . But I realized 1 thing : that I feel perfect when I'm with my familly ,my fincee or anybody I love. When I feel safe I feel normal. I refused the ideea of a mental probl for a long time because I couldn't(can't) imagine that something so REAL can be only in my mind.
I am afraid of crowd ,also I'm afraid of small rooms or crowded places ,I feel I can't breath ,I can't swallow anymore ...It's very strange .
I've been to many doctors and now I decided I will go to a pshytrist.
R u afraid of staying alone? R u feeling dizzy ?
Answer back ,I really want to know that there is somebody else who feels like me.
I will let u know how it goes with me.
hope u feel better ...I know how horible it is .
 sdfirenze - Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:10 am

flipgirl,

I am sorry to hear of your struggles. It definitely sounds to me like you are suffering from an anxiety disorder. Fear of being alone, public places etc.. might be indicative of Agoraphobia.

I also really want to emphasize that it is not "only in my mind". If you are experiencing these things, then they are real- regardless of what may be causing them. A good therapist will be able to help reassure you of that so you can start to focus on improving your life satisfaction. It is no fun to live in fear. I hope that you can find the help you are looking for. Good luck.

|