News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Paxil - need help

ittech41 - Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:52 am

I started taking paxil when I was 20 years old. A 20mg Dosage once daily. I am now 27 years old and I have had FANTASTIC results in controlling anxiety and depression. With seven years of paxil under my belt - I am sceptic to change... I feel safe with the product and dosage.
Today I went to the phamacy for a refill and they are OUT OF PAXIL!!! The pharmacist offered me a generic form. I searched the web in hopes of finding a review of the generic version, with little results...
Is GENERIC PAXIL the same as the original? User results or reviews?

thank you for your help.
 Michele P, RN - Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:31 am

The generic version of a medication has the same ingriedents as the regular version of medications so you should not experience a difference in the new rx.

You might *think* you are though due to just *knowing* its not Paxil, but honestly, its a state of mind.

Best of Luck :)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here