Question: don't know whats wrong...

THE Pookiemeister - Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:08 pm

Hi, Im an 18 yr old female. I don't know whats happening right now, but lately about the past 2 weeks i have been being really depressed at times, and getting very angry at people when they do nothing. I also get anger spurts where i just get very angry and throw fits. Also, I thought that it went away but i hear people talking to each other or me sometimes but im alone at home. I make sure noones outside before i start getting freaked out by it. But noone seems to be around either. I started hearing people talking and stuff off an on for about a year and a half already but never sought out help for it thinking i was just thinking stuff, but i try to not hear them by always being busy by listening to music, or watching something. When everythings completely quiet though, and no sounds are around even fans, etc i can hear them talking. It is off and on though, i hardly see stuff though i just get blurry vsion and dizziness sometimes and can see "auras" sometimes. But lately in the last two weeks Ive been more depressed and angry with severe mood swings. When im around people i don't like it i get really sweaty and sick to my stomach too, but ive been feeling that way since i was 15 or so. Yesterday i heard some people talking in another language when i was by myself alone at home it feaked me out, i don't know whats wrong i guess i need guidence or something, i have an appointment with a pshychaiatrist at my family practice tommrow, i dunno whats going to happen and im very nervous, because its my first time seeking help, and as i don't like prying questions. If anyone can help me as what to mention to the phychaitrist or even think i don't have anything wrong with me or its just in my head i don't know. Thanks for the help it is appreciated greatly.
 sdfirenze - Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:45 am

Pookiemeister,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you are struggling with so many things right now. It sounds like your experiences are very terrifying and causing you a lot of distress. I aplaud your decision to seek help. I know it can be scary to talk about these sort of things with a doctor, but I do think it will help.

In terms of what to tell the psychiatrist, just do your best to let him or her know what is going on. I would certainly suggest mentioning everything that you stated in your post.
I am sure the doctor will ask you about this, but I would also suggest telling him how long these symptoms have been going on, when you first noticed them, and anything that you can think of that is going on in your life right now (even if you don't think it's related).

I know it can seem like doctors are "prying" but try to keep in mind that they are there to help you. The questions they ask are very personal and difficult to talk about, but the goal is help get you any help that you might need.

Good luck. I hope that the appointment goes well.
 marrrrryj - Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:05 am

im 16 and i get some things that you do too. i always hear people talking too me. and im always mean to people for no reason. its really weird..

|