News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Hand Pain

Cliff - Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:00 pm

I am 35 years old and I am experiencing alot of hand aches and sometimes they are very painful. It is not necessarily my dominant hand, but I definately notice a difference in my Right hand after writing, using a mouse or any other R handed dominant activities. Sometimes even when I am driving, just holding the steering wheel bothers me. :?: Last year I did visit my Dr. when I had a bad "flare up" after an excessive amount of writing. He did bloodwork and x-rays and everything was fine!? Sometimes I am experiencing shooting pains in my fingers, but not always the same ones. Any ideas?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:55 pm

User avatar Hello,

Your symptoms are suggestive of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Tingling or numbness in your fingers or hand, especially while driving a vehicle or holding a phone or writing are typical symptoms.

You have given in your other posts a diagnosis of cavernous hemangioma in your left side of he brain, these are congenital lesions and to be considered as they are one of the causes of carpal tunnel syndrome. No wonder they can be bilateral.

Exclusion is important in your condition.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here