Question: Don't know whats wrong

helpless25 - Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:58 pm

I am a 25 year old female somewhat overweight. For the most part my health is good. I have not illnesses or anything. About 6 or 7 months ago I started getting pains in my kness and ankles and my legs would swell. I though because I am overweight that it was probably because of that. Then a few weeks later my arms, elbows, wrists and basically everywhere else started to hurt and swell as well. I went to my dr who suggested I have blood work. The test results came back slightly high for RA factor. So my dr sent me to a specialist. This dr would not listen to what I had to say at all. He walked in and suggested that b/c I am overweight that all I had to do was lose weight and my problems would go away. Then he told me my elbows hurt because of tennis elbow (whatever that is) and that my wrists hurt and swelled b/c I have carpel tunnel in both. He told me to take vitamen B6 and to lose weight and everything would be fine. Now I have been trying to lose weight but you know its not that easy. As for the vitamens I have been taking them for weeks and nothing has changed expect that I don't get my period anymore. I am in constant pain and very frustrated. I don't know what to do. Please help. Any suggestions would be apperciated.

Thank you :)
 helpless25 - Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:29 pm

If anyone has any idea or suggestions it would be very helpful. Thank you. :(
 fitnessinstructor - Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:30 am

Helpless, if I can be of encouragement in the weight loss department please email me at bjfis@yahoo.ca I use to be 100 lbs overweight and now I am a fitness instructor and very lean. The biggest obstacle of course is your mindset and once you decide noone can stop you from acheiving your goal. As for the RA, I myself was diagnosed with Raynauds and am waiting upon results from blood tests for R Factor and ANA,

All the Best to you, Merry Christmas,
God Bless,
Brenda

|