News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Crepitus

lcd04 - Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:06 pm

Hi, I have that grating "crepitus" sound present in all of my joints in my whole body, not just one joint. It is especially worse in my hips and shoulders. I have intermittent sharp pains in my joints also, but no swelling or deformities noted. I have noticed these changes over the past few years and they have been worsening. I haven't been feeling as energetic lately so decided to investigate if this could mean anything. What diseases/ conditions are associated with these symptoms or is this a normal part of aging? I am only a 31 yr old female. The only thing I could think of is Rheumatoid ARthritis. Is crepitus generallly an indication of only a joint problem? OR could it be something bone related, or system prob? THanks
 leamea - Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:41 pm

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet. I have the same thing, started recently mid 30's. Had RA test, was negatvie. May see a rheumatologist. Pain is only sharp once in awhile, more often achy. Snapping and clicking is ever present. Ankles, knees
( started in the knees, since I was a teenager actually), shoulders, lower back, hips. I hope you get an answer soon.
It is weird because I feel as if I am falling apart, but it is surprising because I don't think I am old enough to feel like THIS.
I also wondered does this happen to everyone? Is there some point you reach in life at which you ache all over all the time, to some degree or another, and never feel free of it again?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here