News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Thumbs

ArniePie - Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:22 am

Hello im 16 and i recently had surgery on my left thumb to have the tendons or ligaments re attached to the joint.This was after i had injured it in sport. I was told i had cartilage damage and therfore would have arthritis. i hurt both my thumbs when i was really young and now my other thumb hurts towards around 5:00pm till the end of the day. This started happening the last two days but it was fine for all last week. Could this be because im doing everything with my right hand or is it that i may also have arthritis on the right thumb?

Arnold
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:41 pm

User avatar Hello,
from here, it seems most likely it is because you are everthing with one hand right now. Arthritis in the thumb is a rare manifestation of arthritis in your age. However, it might be possible. Best way to see is if you are trying to relaxe with both hands, just to see what happens. Or you are ask you doctor: By blood investigation, ultrasound and other imagings it might be possible to differentiate between both. Anyway, if you have arthritis it would be good to know very early to prescribe medications that might stopp inflammation and damage in your joints. As I said, blood samples, ultrasound and MRI might help to find out.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here