News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Cramps

Guitarbabe2007 - Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:05 pm

Hey,
My name is Heather and I am 15 years old. Lately I have been having some cramps not really bad ones but they are uncomfortable. I wouldn't be worried if they were coming with my period but they aren't I get them but no period. I think I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome because I have researched that topic a lot. I have talked to my mom about going to the doctor but she doesn't want to take me yet. The last time I went to the doctor was for a school physical going into 7th grade because I had to I hate going to the doctor they freak me out and make me uncomfortable. Now im at the end of my 9th grade year. My periods have always been irregular about every 3 months but the timing is never the same. I have acne and I started to gain wait mainly in my stomach region around the end of 3rd grade. I also have skin tags and mood swings from what my friends tell me hehe. My older sister has also been diagnosed with PCOS and I was wondering if it is a hereditary thing? Are these cramps something I need to worry about? What should I do? Heather
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:00 pm

User avatar Dear Heather,
Thanks for stopping by The Doctors Lounge again. I would strongly insist that you must go to the doctor and have PCOS ruled out. It is not normal to have irregular periods for such a long time and as we said earlier PCOS does run in families.
 Guitarbabe2007 - Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:30 pm

Hey,
My mom won't take me she says I'm too young and none of this is bad enough to effect me in any dangerous way. She won't take me yet and i don't know how to make her. Do you have any suggestions?
Heather

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here