Question: toe cramps

lori12387 - Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:22 pm

about 2 months ago two of my toes started to cramp, the two beside my big toe. The cramps wouldn't last long but it happened frequently and out of the blue. Now they don't cramp but i can't bend them back as well as before. I can curl them under, no pain, no problem but if i i try to even wear a shoe with a slight heal these two toes hurt. They don't hurt when my foot is flat but i would hate to throw all my heels out. Any suggestions from anyone out there would be a great help
Lori
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:51 am

User avatar Hi!

In any other situation, I would have advised you to spare the 'heels' and heal the toes. :D But since you find it so hard to abandon your 'heels,' why don't you try some medicines for pain relief or muscle relaxant combinations to relieve you of the pain while you're at it? Buddy strapping of the toes may help in some cases. Using a tape strap the two toes together with a normal third toe, so that they don't bend upwards much. This is just a suggestion, but for further help, a chiropractor may be consulted.

And maybe rest can bring on your toes back to itself after using comfortable footwear for a certain period of time, after which you may slowly begin to use your 'heels.'

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Bill

|