News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: toe cramps

lori12387 - Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:22 pm

about 2 months ago two of my toes started to cramp, the two beside my big toe. The cramps wouldn't last long but it happened frequently and out of the blue. Now they don't cramp but i can't bend them back as well as before. I can curl them under, no pain, no problem but if i i try to even wear a shoe with a slight heal these two toes hurt. They don't hurt when my foot is flat but i would hate to throw all my heels out. Any suggestions from anyone out there would be a great help
Lori
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:51 am

User avatar Hi!

In any other situation, I would have advised you to spare the 'heels' and heal the toes. :D But since you find it so hard to abandon your 'heels,' why don't you try some medicines for pain relief or muscle relaxant combinations to relieve you of the pain while you're at it? Buddy strapping of the toes may help in some cases. Using a tape strap the two toes together with a normal third toe, so that they don't bend upwards much. This is just a suggestion, but for further help, a chiropractor may be consulted.

And maybe rest can bring on your toes back to itself after using comfortable footwear for a certain period of time, after which you may slowly begin to use your 'heels.'

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here