Question: Problem with toe, sever redness, itching, peeling

Keitaro - Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:16 pm

I am not sure what is going on, maybe someone can help me.

On the bottom of my forth toe (right foot), it has become very sore under it at the end of it (not near the toe nail), and it seems to be very red and like deep inside wound, also the skin on the side of it is peeling, it hurts to walk on it and any kind of soup when I take a shower seems to cause a little pain. Can someone tell me what I have and what I can do about it?

If it helps any, my feet sweat alot when I wear shoes. I work about 40 hours + and am always on the go except mostly on days off.

~ Mike
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:20 pm

User avatar Dear Mike,

This might be a fungal infection of the toes. Do you have white material inbetween your toes?

If this has been going on for a while, i would suggest going to the doctor for an antifungus medication. Usually, it is in the form of a cream or ointment.

However, this kind of infection is sometimes tough to treat because the main problem is that the feet are always sweating. Best thing to do is to make sure that your feet are always dry. i know it is not an easy job, but here are some suggestions. Wear cotton stockings, put powder in between your toes and try and areate your feet on regular basis if your working circumstances allow. Some people wear sandals.

|