Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: free/subsidized rheumatologist in the bay area

 InsaneElayne - Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:45 pm

I need a rheumatologist that will treat me for cheap. I just graduated college and my healthcare ran out, unfortunatly I can't get on another health plan due to the fact that mixed connective tissue disease is an auto decline for insurance companies. I need to treat this disease but I can't afford it.
Every job I apply for that offers benefits, I end up not getting. If anyone has any knowledge of free/ subsidized clinics that offer treatment of autoimmune disorders, could you please let me know! Also any information on how to see doctors for cheaper would be much appreciated.
I live in the San Francisco bay area.
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:45 pm

User avatar Unfortunately, I can not help you from Europe. Best way to find some cheap help is to ask your general doctor or find contact to the self-help groop of your area.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us