News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Lupus

blue12 - Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:27 pm

I am 40 year old female,had a vaginial hysterectomy sept 30th and have been experiencing wierd health issues since.I had an allergic reaction to vultairn post op,swollen glands ( 2.6 ),unbelievable bloating,unable to eat much.General aches and pains. Dr gave me another anibotic and I again reacted ( swelling )Then swelling in arm and breast,developed lividoid reticularis( enderconolgist diagnosed ),extreme discolor in left hand,which feels cold and stiff all the time...Ultrasounds,x-rays, all blood work normal..Dr did an ana,which was neg.Now I am awaiting results from enderconoligist,who says possible lupus.I have EXTREME fatigue,and muscle weakness,that I am unable to walk upstairs,developed circular non itchy scaly like spots on back and chest,insomnia,and night sweats.....feeling unable to cope and BLA all the time.... all within 2/3 months.
Can I have lupus with a neg ana ??
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:17 am

User avatar ANA negativ Lupus is very rare. Concerning your symptoms it sounds like a allergic reaction the the drugs you got prescribed immediately before ? But anyway, the symptoms are also possible in other diseases. My suggestion would be a re-test and further laboratory investigations like ANCA, Hepatitis C and B, ACLA, cyroglobulins, complement C3 and C4. This might help to distinguish between different possibilities. You are right that alle the symptoms together suggest that there is something happening inside your body that should be find out.
 blue12 - Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:24 pm

thank you for the info,I appreciate your reply.
I am awaiting hepitis & dna results but I am doubtful,as I have had no fever,no vomiting,and liver function tests are normal. The only things out are rwd is high and crp is way high ( 21 s/b 5 ,canadian standards )How long can an allergic reaction last ?
What tests are done for scleroderma ? What kind of dr would I see ,and what questions should I be asking ?
Thank you again for your time.
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:40 pm

User avatar Indeed, an allergic reaction will last only for some days. An elevated CRP does only mean that there is some inflammation inside, but does not mean anything else. As I suggestedt, I woud have tested for ANA, ANCA, complement, dsDNS, ACLA. At first, you should present to a rheumatologist.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here