News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Lupus??Pease help

lmmorgan1020 - Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:25 pm

I am 16 years old and a female I have been sick since september. I first got phuenmonia, and then mono. Since then I catch everything and anything going around. I have joint pain constantly. I also have a rash on my face sometimes worse than others. I had a positive ANA, and have alot of Lupus symtoms, but my doctor says she's almost sure it's not lupus.I feel miserable all the time and don't know why. please help!!!!!
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm

User avatar Indeed, you might not have lupus. It is difficult to understand, but not everybody who has some of the symptoms you can have by lupus do have lupus. The symptoms are not specific for lupus, that means that you can have the same symptoms in many other diseases. But (!), indeed, what you are telling sound very much like lupus, especially if the ANA is positive. Therfore, I would suggest to visite a rheumatologist and ask for help. Some doctors think if some other lab results (like dsDNS) are negative, lupus can be excluded, but that is wrong. Take your mum and look for a rheumatologist closed by.
 lmmorgan1020 - Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:17 am

Wow....You don't know how much I appreciate this. My family doctor did that test you talked about and said she does not think I have Lupus and then said I have fibromyalsia. I have maybe 3 of the 18 points, and I thought well maybe this will explain why I feel so horrible, but then I looked it up and it's nothing like how I feel. I have an appointment with the rhematologist this week! Thank you so much for giving me some hope. I thought I was crazy. The started putting me on anti depressents so I wouldn't feel the physical pain,but it hasn't worked. It's PAIN I'm not depressed. So thank you so VERY VERY much! you are wonderful

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here