Question: Lupus??Pease help

lmmorgan1020 - Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:25 pm

I am 16 years old and a female I have been sick since september. I first got phuenmonia, and then mono. Since then I catch everything and anything going around. I have joint pain constantly. I also have a rash on my face sometimes worse than others. I had a positive ANA, and have alot of Lupus symtoms, but my doctor says she's almost sure it's not lupus.I feel miserable all the time and don't know why. please help!!!!!
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:43 pm

User avatar Indeed, you might not have lupus. It is difficult to understand, but not everybody who has some of the symptoms you can have by lupus do have lupus. The symptoms are not specific for lupus, that means that you can have the same symptoms in many other diseases. But (!), indeed, what you are telling sound very much like lupus, especially if the ANA is positive. Therfore, I would suggest to visite a rheumatologist and ask for help. Some doctors think if some other lab results (like dsDNS) are negative, lupus can be excluded, but that is wrong. Take your mum and look for a rheumatologist closed by.
 lmmorgan1020 - Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:17 am

Wow....You don't know how much I appreciate this. My family doctor did that test you talked about and said she does not think I have Lupus and then said I have fibromyalsia. I have maybe 3 of the 18 points, and I thought well maybe this will explain why I feel so horrible, but then I looked it up and it's nothing like how I feel. I have an appointment with the rhematologist this week! Thank you so much for giving me some hope. I thought I was crazy. The started putting me on anti depressents so I wouldn't feel the physical pain,but it hasn't worked. It's PAIN I'm not depressed. So thank you so VERY VERY much! you are wonderful

|