Question: extreme back pain leading to pain other places

afine32880 - Wed May 12, 2004 1:27 pm

I know this is going to sound strange but I have extreme back pain in the mornings and throughout the day and sometimes my testicles hurts as well. My right leg goes numb from time to time and it feels like I have a pinched nerve somewhere in m y lower back. I believe I hurt my back when carrying two 20-gallon paint buckets up a ladder. My main concern is why my testicles are hurting as if some one kicked me there. I have not seen a doctor becasue I am waiting for my health insurance application to go through so I can afford the visit. I also have some abdominal pain.
Please help me. I have no idea what is wrong with me.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun May 30, 2004 11:40 am

User avatar Hi!

When you describe your pain as being after the lifting exertion, the source is likely to be the disk. But when your testicle is involved, renal stone pain comes to mind. In either case, there is no substitute for direct medical examination.

Increasing your fluid intake may help pass stone, if that is the case. While rest and analgesics may be taken for the back pain.

Hope this helps.

bill
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon May 31, 2004 11:52 am

User avatar Dear Afine32880,

Back or flank pain going to the testicles is the typical symptom for urinary tract stones as Bill pointed out.

But one more thing comes to mind, is that you might have suffered a hernia, it is uncommon to have hernias on both sides at the same time but i guess it is not impossible.

Have you noticed a new swelling in your groin after carrying this 20 gallons bucket?

|