News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Lupus, migraines, dizziness, and polypoid tissue?

MissPlaced - Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:35 am

Hi,

I have mild lupus and have had migraines a large part of my life. Recently I had a 3 day migraine and the day it finally went away I had lightheadedness (usually get that) and dizziness. Later in the week I had a slight headache and the next day the dizziness returned but it was gone the following day. I have sinus problems and recently a ct scan said I have polypoid tissue in over 50% in both maxillary. Can that be caused by lupus and causing the symptoms to become worse? I cannot find anything to explain what that tissue is.

I saw my rheumatologist during my migraine and he ran some tests and my c3 and c4 are slightly low. Would it indicate the migraines can be part of my lupus? The dizziness came after my appointment, should I call them back?

I am 43, female, have mg and lupus and past thyroiditis and goiter. My brother has ms and cns lupus and I take mestinon for mg and prevacid.

Thank you,
MissPlaced
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:17 pm

User avatar Polypoid changes in the sinus are not related to your lupus !
Yes, indeed a low C3 and C4 is highly likely to mirrow a disease activity of your lupus. The fact alone should not led to a therapy, but might be alarming if other signs and symptoms are present. Megraine might ahevmany reasons, but mightalso to related to lupus. Some of the patients have phospholipid antibodies that are leading to blood-clotting. Ask your doctors if he as tested theses antibodies and if he thinks yout should get an MRI.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here