News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: IS THIS LUPUS,FIBROMYALGIA OR SOMETHING ELSE???

sweety - Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:17 pm

Hello, i AM 32 YEARS OF AGE AND HAVE HAD MULTIPLE AREAS OF MUSCLE AND JOINT PAIN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.
tHESE ATHRALGIAS ARISE MORE SO WHEN DEPRIVED OF SLEEP OR CHANGE IN CLIMATE-DAMP WEATHER AND RAIN.
iT SEEMS AS IF ALL JOINTS AND MUSCLES ON BOTH SIDES OF BODY ARE ATTACKED ALL AT ONCE AND BECOME VERY DEBILITATING AS WELL AS EXHAUSTING.
sYMPTOMS LAST ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS AND EVENTUALLY TAPER OFF ALTHOUGH STILL FEEL UNDER THE WEATHER BUT NOT AS BAD.
tHE JOINT PAINS FEEL LIKE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND VERY STIFF ALONG WITH SEVERE PIERCING.
sOMETIMES FEEL TOO WEAK TO WALK OR EVEN SIT UP BECAuse IN SO MUCH PAIN AND TIRED.
ana TITRES ARE POSITIVE OF 1:160 AND ESR LEVELS ARE 20 AND ANTI-DSDNA IS 2.5-NORMAL.
cAN A PERSON HAVE LUPUS WITH THESE SYMPTOMS AND LAB FINDINGS.?
aLONG WITH THESE SYMPTOMS NOTICE A REDNESS OVER FACE ALONG CHHEKS AND OVER NOSE.
sOMETIMES HAVE UNEXPLAINED BOUTS OF SEVERE ABDOMINAL PAINS/STOMACH PAINS DIZZINESS HEADACHES WITH NO KNOWN CAUSE AND ULTRASOUNDS AND BLOOD WORK COME BACK ALL NORMAL.
aRE THESE INDICATIONS OF FLARE UP IN THE DISEASE OR WHAT?
wHICH TESTS WOULD BE CONSIDERED POSITIVE IN DETERMINING IF ONE HAS LUPUS OR ANOTHER AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE.
i WENT TO A RHEUMATOLOGIST EXPLAINED MY SYMPTOMS BUT SAID I HAVE FIBRO NOTHING ELSE BUT I'M JUST SO WORRIED BECAUSE OF THESE SYMPTOMS.
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:55 pm

User avatar It might be very difficlut to differentiate between fibromyalgia and lupus. There is not a single test that makes you sure. Anyway, don´t hesitate to ask your doctor again and again if any other or new symptoms are present. Fibromyalgia is more a diagnosis by exclusion, but there are good criteria that are usefull for diagnosing lupus.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here