News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: pain

onebadco69 - Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:47 pm

hi i am a 36 wf diabetic this is weird but will try to keep it short i have bouts of muscle and joint pain neck pain and headaches so far we know i have arthritis is some places on xrays and mri but not in the blood work done i also have red pinpoint spots on chest and upper arms had carpel tunnel surgey on both hands could you enlighted me on whats wrong. if blood work says i don't have arthritis why do they look at xrays and mris and say i do also read spots could be from this or do i have a rare autimune problem thank you
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm

User avatar there are several reasons why you can have arthritis. There are some forms of arthritis that are connected with diabetes. Other reasons might be you have rheumatoide arthritis (this will be seen on MRI) or arthritis because of connective tissue disease. It wold be usefull to know what test have been performed before giving other advices.
 onebadco69 - Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:33 pm

they did a mri said bone spurs and arthritis in neck blood work sed rate normal osteoarthritis in knees no one knows why i have this rash of pinpoint red dots only on face and chest and upper arms wondering about lupus clotting time and platelets normal have bad pain feels like pulled muscles all over body told once i had chostochronditis thank you
 cmc322 - Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Did anyone address the red pin point spots? I have them too, have for years. What are they?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here