Question: im in pain help

wallsy - Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:48 pm

my girlfriend woke up a little while ago and has a swollen stomach and is in pain could there be anything wrong sorry about the short description
steve
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:45 pm

User avatar dear wallsy,
you really have send very short description for her condition it could be so many things.but distended stomach and pain are very likely to occur with spastic colon due to stretch of the colon wall (part of irritable bowel syndrome IBS), a condition that is asoociated with and aggrevated by constipation.sometimes altered stool frequency and consisitencey is encountered.stress often leads to a worsening of the symptoms of IBS. fiber containing food ( spinach, beans, apples, prunes, strawberries, bran breads or bran cereals) is the single most effective treatment for IBS.
best of wishes hope to hear that she is recovered soon.
thanks for using our seb site http://www.doctorslounge.com
 clayton000125 - Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:12 am

dear Dr.
i hurt my upper back at work roughly 6 months ago. since then ive done nothing but hurt all the time. no other doctors believe or they just don't care. there are times when i hurt so bad ill lay down and cry. i get very little sleep,constant mood swings,never happy ,nor do i enjoy anything. the pain is constantly getting worse,im not the same person i was before. chronic pain will affect your moods in a severe way. the pain stays in my shoulders,under my shoulderblades,and up and down my back near the spine. the pain is in the muscles and they are driving me crazy. the pain is always there sometimes dull, other times it feels like knives in me. i have taken some and vicodin to ease the pain but it never really goes away.vioxx is junk. skelaxin is junk.motrin is junk.
muscle stimulaters make me hurt worse,tens units aint worth the time to wear them. the more i try to do the more i hurt,cooking makes me hurt,i cant sleep good, i am in real pain and could use some advise.

P.S. its not all in my head,,,,,,,,i know what pain is,,,,,,,,,,PLEASE HELP ME IN ANY WAY YOU CAN

thank you,
Clayton Wells
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:43 pm

User avatar :(
dear clayton, I am sorry for you.
what i think is the following;
you have to consult a rheumatyologist coz you need carefull assesment including full history and examination. Meanwhile , you can try cold and/or (more preferred) warm compresses at sites of pain. warm baths, massage, and gentle stretching exercises after a rest period can be used as frequently as possible. These manouvers usaually help in muscle pain due to trauma. Regular exercise (slowly increased from very gentle to more vigorous) may help restore the proper muscle tone. And of course analgesics ahich you have exhuasted.
hope to hear you recovered soon

|