News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Left thigh pain, discomfort

Scottino - Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:58 pm

Hello, Ive had this issue for the last 3-4 months or so.... maybe even a little longer. It's gotten no worse... but definately no better... so i'm hoping before I decide to go to the doctor maybe you can help.

On the backside of my left thigh, halfway down.. it tends to be sore... a little numb, and tingling... maybe a little itchy sometimes too.. It's like this almost all the time now, I believe it started when I started doing driving for my company. I since then have been promoted to purchasing agent.... So I still sit all day at work.... then I go home and sit at my computer.... in pretty much the same type of chair. I started worrying about maybe a blood clot or something.... it's always the same feeling in the same spot.

I also have some pain on the front of my left leg. Appears to be vericose veins, though havent had it looked at either. The vericose veins started before the thigh pain. The front of my left leg would itch pretty bad, and got a little stiff.... I should have a doctor examine these issues.... but like most men I hoped these issues would just go away.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:45 pm

User avatar Sottino,
Your symptoms appear to be mainly neurological. Have a look at our sciatica page.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here