News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain in hips

victoria - Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:16 pm

I have had hip pain for 1 year gradually becoming worse. It begins on rising and with gentle movement improves over the next couple of hours, but rarely disappears altogether. About 4p.m. The pain really takes over and increases until going to bed.
I have no pain when lying down. The pain is either deep into the hip joint, or down the backs or sides of my upper thighs. X-rays indicate no arthritis and I have been waiting for 6 months for an M.R.I. scan. I have tried various forms of therapy, but to no avail.
Help would be much appreciated.
 DeLWolcott - Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:47 pm

Have you been on any medications? Has the sciatic nerve been tested? Have you tried any stretching exercises?

There are several possibilities for the cause of your pain and I am sorry that I am not able to give you any "answers".

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here