Question: rheumatoid arthritis

jasmine_g - Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:12 am

I am a 28yr old female and was diagnosed with RA and fibromyalgia 2 yrs ago.There is no family history of RA. I was taking plaquenil which worked well once it kicked in.I came off it to start a family.I went into remission when I was pregnant.My son was born last june and in the last few months my RA symptoms have been coming hard and fast. I have started to develop now pain in my chest on and off and pains in both shoulders and sometimes down my arms. Also I am experiencing frequent numbness in hands and feet and pins and needles. Over the last few weeks I feel very tired and just not myself.I am taking anti-inflam. on and off as am limited to what meds I can take as I am breastfeeding. Could the pains in my chest etc. be caused by the arhtritis? Do you think I should pay a visit to my rheumatologist?
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:48 am

User avatar Hi Jasmine,
The most common symptom of anemia is fatigue (feeling tired or weak). It may be more difficult to find the energy to do normal activities if you have anemia. Other signs and symptoms of anemia include:

Shortness of breath
Dizziness
Headache
Coldness in the hands and feet
Pale skin
Chest pain

All of these signs and symptoms can occur because your heart has to work harder to pump more oxygen-rich blood through the body.

One-third of persons with fibromyalgia report pain in the chest wall particularly where the rib cartilage joins the breastbone.

Thank You

Dr. Anderson
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:58 am

User avatar Hi Jasmine,

Your RA and fibromyalgia have a direct impact on your symptoms you are having directly related to your condition.

Shortness of breath
Dizziness
Headache
Coldness in the hands and feet
Pale skin
Chest pain

Thank You

Dr. Anderson

|