News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Elbow problems

Michael - Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:15 pm

I broke my left, not so, funny bone in a accident at work on the 14th of May. My Doctor had place a steel plate in my elbow on the 19th of May to speed up healing of my arm. On the 26th the Doctor had gave me a brace and told me to work my arm. Since then I have been able to drive a stick shift, type using both hands, dress my self (trying to botton up the top botton of a botton up shirt is a sight to see though), and able to move my arm from an angle of around 105 degree flexion to around an angle of around 28 degree extension by just using my good arm and move it back and forth through the range of motion allowed by the brace. My question is " Will I ever gain the full movement of my arm when and if I go though proper physical therapy like the Doctor wants me to."
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:48 am

User avatar Hi!

The question you raise is quite patient-dependent, and I would never bet on 100% of anything. A limited range of motion should be expected, but a full range of motion should be hoped for.

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here