Question: Diagnosis Of Lower back

Rader22 - Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:46 pm

I recently had an MRI of my lower back and they found the following.

1. The L2-3 There is some uneven circuferential disc protusion with central disk degenration that is causing slight broad encroachment on the ventral thecal sac and appears to encroach on the left L3 nerve root.

2. At L4-5 i similar to the above without central disc degeneration. It slightly enchroaches on the L4 nerve root in the foramen.

3. THere is mild dehydration of the L5-S1 disc indication degeneration accompanied by slight circumferential bulging which causes no neural encroachment in the spinal canal or foramina in neural supine position.

My doctor has never explained nor told me what this all means. I have severe back pain that forces me to lie down every fifteen minutes. Please if someone could explain what this all means I would greatly appreciate it.
 Rader22 - Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:32 pm

All right I saw my new doctor today. She explained to me that there was not much that can be done. She has me trying Viox ti see if helps the pain. Other then that she said I would need to see a surgeon about it. Is there anything that I can do and what am I looking at in possible surgery.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:33 am

User avatar Hello Rader,
Please check our herniated disc page. You will find details of the surgical options available for treatment of this condition.
 Rader22 - Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:50 am

Thank You for the information. Is there anything that can be done for the lack of spinal fluid in the sacrum?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:58 pm

User avatar I am sorry I don't follow your question.

|