Question: what a pain in the neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimberley - Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:57 pm

I got your attention :D seriously though about two weeks ago i had what i would call a muscle spasm in the back of my neck(That was my first ever in my neck) now it is like I have one a day but I am not sure if it is a muscle spasm. Could it be any thing serious. Thank you :D :D
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:09 am

User avatar Hello Kimberly,
A pain in the neck could be anything from a muscle spasm as you put it to a problem in the vertebral discs. More frequently however, it is a muscle spasm usually due to either exposure to cold or due to muscle strain (as in long hours spent working on the computer).
If its improving then wait and see what happens. If new symptoms arise or it doesnt improve then you should have it examined.
 kimberley - Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:32 pm

Tamer Fouad, M.D. wrote:Hello Kimberly,

Thank you but one more thing if it is muscle spasm could you have a few of them in the same place for a couple of days.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:46 pm

User avatar If it is a muscle spasm then they can recurr in the same place for a few days.
 kimberley - Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:55 pm

Tamer Fouad, M.D. wrote:If it is a muscle spasm then they can recurr in the same place for a few days.

Well then I thank you very much for your time and help I thik this is a wonderful site :D And I think it has and will hep many people you Dr. are wonderful :D :D :D keep upthe great advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|