Question: back pain,joint pain,leg pain and aches

lilylenay - Thu May 03, 2007 6:09 pm

i am a 21 year old female. I have been diadnosed with endometriosis,HPV,and interstitial cystitis. I have had surgery for all 3. I had a laporoscopy for the endometriosis,laser surgery for dysplasia caused by HPV,and I can't remember what they call the surgery they did on my bladder. I also have Orthostatic Hypotension.

I have along family history of so many different things. So basicly anything you can think of is in my family history, Arthritis,diabetes, heart disease,kidney problems,um cancer, and many others.

I am currently not taking any medication except for tylenol,I buprofen,and ocassionly aleve for the pain. Which doesn't seem to help much at all.

The back pain started first and it is constant,in fact all my pain has been pretty constant. At times my back hurts so bad that I have difficulty getting yp from sitting and laying down. Then a little over a month ago my hips and legs started to hurt,and they hurt everyday as well. Sometimes it hurts too much to even walk. And within this last week my entire body aches and every joint in my body in hurts. I don't know what is wrong but it's starting to concern me very much! I have other minor symptoms that come and go as well. I have had pubic hair loss too for about 4 months now. Not sure if that has anything to do with these other symptoms

For instance there are times I get very dizzy and have tingling in my head,hands and feet. Sometimes fingers go numb. U sually just one or 2 at a time. An dI have been getting bruises on my legs that I have no explanation for at all. I'm sorry if this is so long I am just really worried and figure the best way to get a good opinion is to give the basic story of my symptoms.

Anyways thank you very much for your time and sny thoughts you may have. I greatly appreciate the oprtunity to try and figure this out. God Bless!!
 lilylenay - Wed May 23, 2007 5:45 am

I had a cbc,cmp,sed rate, ANA, ans TSH. they were all normal. I am in constant pain and I really can't take much more!! please any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do anymore
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 23, 2007 4:20 pm

User avatar Have you seen a specialist, such as a rheumatologist. That might be a good place to go next if you haven't. It is difficult to guess what is causing your problem and I suspect a good evaluation is in order. Good luck.
 abraxus - Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:12 am

Hello lilylenay, your symtoms sound exactly like the same symptoms my wife is suffering from. She is age 23 and has a extensive family history of various diseases. The only thing that seems different in her, was that she has a high SED Rate, high C-Reactive Protein, and high Uric Acid levels. Both the SED Rate and C-Reactive protein indicate inflammation going on somewhere in her body.

I was wondering if have been diagnosed with anything since? My wife is still un-diagnosed and its been going for years now! Its very worrysome not knowing what is going on, and not having health insurance.
 lilylenay - Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:27 am

i was diagnosed with epstein bar virus?doesn't seem to explain the fact that i'm in constant pain.lol i don't think doctors take me seriously. but i keep hoping it'll be figured out soon so i won't have to live this way anymore. good luck to you and your wife
 sunshinejenn - Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:25 am

Like your wife I have a high sed rate, high crp, but I also had a +ANA with 2 patterns indicative of lupus and scleroderma. I'm in constant debilitating pain with fatigue. I have seen a rheumatologist and so far I'm just being told it's fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I have most recently been referred back to a rheumatologist due to the double pattern on the ANA. Definitely go the rheumatology route and don't give up.

abraxus wrote:Hello lilylenay, your symtoms sound exactly like the same symptoms my wife is suffering from. She is age 23 and has a extensive family history of various diseases. The only thing that seems different in her, was that she has a high SED Rate, high C-Reactive Protein, and high Uric Acid levels. Both the SED Rate and C-Reactive protein indicate inflammation going on somewhere in her body.

sunshinejenn - Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:28 am

I've been reading about fibromyalgia and alternative treatments and just read something about how orthostatic hypotension is related to adrenal fatigue. DHEA and 5-HTP is suppose to be the best things to take for this problem. I read that if you take those 2 things it will correct the adrenal gland thus helping the fibromyalgia. Good luck to you.

|