News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Acid in muscle and muscle pain

holdenhottie - Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 pm

I am a 22 year old female and when I was 15 years old I was told I have Fibromyalgia and was put on pain killers and they really seemed to help me and I was also getting Massages. The whole time though I have felt acid in my muscles. When I was 18 years old and moved to a new state I went to the doctor and was told that I was just a drug addict and was taken off the medication. My feelings were so hurt because I felt like nobody understood my pain and that it was not my fault that teenagers taking pill was that big things in high school. I have not gone to a doctor since I was 18 years old and I have lived in pain everyday since. I take hot baths, getting my boyfriend to massage me and I take advil but nothing seems to help. I feel like I am really at the end of my rope and I want to go to a doctor for help. However I am scared that they will also feel that I am there just looking for drugs which I'm not. If a doctor was to tell me to stand on my head for 2 days and all of my pain would go away I would do it. My question is how do I get a doctor to see that just because I am 22 years old that I can be in true pain and really get some help?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 22, 2007 4:29 pm

User avatar If I were you I would seek a rheumatologist who treats fibromyalgia.
This is someone who would know the true manifestation of the condition and could advise you about treatment options, including possibly meds that are not narcotics and so are not addictive. There may be some alternative medicine options as well. This is a very frustrating condition. Good luck and keep us posted about your situation.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here