Question: shoulders are knarling up, skin is detaching from my body...

timyeah - Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:10 pm

First off , I think this is a wonderful site and thanks to all of you who take the time to answer our questions.

My problems consist of a disease that i contracted sexually from a woman about 9 years ago, I didnt know it at that time because whatever it is that I have takes along time to start showing.The reason i know that i got from her is because she looked awkward.now 9 years later i have the same awkward physical charateristics that she had. I wish i can show you all a before and after pic of me.

Many months after I slept with her i started developing canker sores around my legs and buttocks area and I didnt go to the dr. so it got worse. To the point that they were baseball sized soars and deep wounds goin 1/4 of an inch into my skin!

I didnt think it was an std cause ive been tested for them on many occasions and always came out negative , finally i went to the dermatologist and they said it was foliculitus and gave me amoxicillin 500g like twice a day or something. The soars cleared up but then internally everything went downhill.

I don't want to make this too long so ill try to sum it up in a few paragraphs. As time went on i was diagnosed with rhuematiod arthritus cause of my joints. My skin started changing(more freckles more wrinkles)Im 27 I contracted this when I was like 17 this has been going on for that long. Ive been to mayo clinic 2 years ago and they did nothing for me because my blood work would come out good,and physically i still looked normal.

HERES THE CRAZY PART--- after i left mayo they gave me antibiotcs to fight a stomach virus i had. So i was taking it and one day i took two of them at once and they got lodged in my throat! so after awhile i started puking and a couple hours later. I looked up at a window cause it was still daylight, and youll never believe this, I seen a worm,.......I freaked! now this was about two years ago and i still see them now but they look exactly like a parasite when you look through a microscope. they are somewhat transparent wich tells me theyre very small. I see them clearly when i look at white or bright backgrounds(the sky, a white paper,snow) I went to an optamologist and of course he couldnt see it.
He asked me questions like have i ever been to africa and all that. They tried to write them off as floaters. I know what floaters and i know what worms look like! I have so many physical symptoms that i wont get into becuase the forum says try not to make this topic too long.

so anyways its gotten worse, a more recent rhuematolgist diagnosed me with "ehlers danlos syndrome" I believe he is close and he says ill live till im 80, i look like im 50 years old right now!i know what it is ,its a virus that feeds on my connetive tissue but i cant prove it!! and i plan on going back to mayo because my appearance and rapid deterioration is undeniable. Now ppl actually stop in their tracks just to look at me. Im looking like a monster, my face is saggin my body skin is just dangling from my body it looks like i got shoulder pads on because i do labor work and its pullin my shoulders apart.Im a man and my chest is starting to look like breast! im near the end and contemplating giving up. Im sure anyone else would if they were in my position.

how can i prove this to these dr.s is there a reason why this virus doesnt show in my blood test. did all the antibiotics ive taken masked this disease.Is there a way that i can test my connective tissue. does the optamologist need a stronger microscope to see the virus.

thanks again for your time and for reading all this I look forward to your response.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:18 pm

User avatar Hi Timyeah,

I'm not familiar with an STD that would be causing such an illness. Connective tissue diseases can do what you are describing. These include diseases such as Ehlers-Danlos.

A skin biopsy may help in making the diagnosis.

I would recommend that you see your doctors again to help make a diagnosis for you.

timyeah - Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:08 pm

Thank you for your quick response, I appreciate your help.

I also never heard of an std like this. Like I said its never showed on any std tests that Ive taken. Around 4 years into this disease I met my wife. At that time I knew something was wrong with me but I had taken proper test that said I was clean. So i went on with the relationship not knowing that is was transmittable. Now ive never cheated on my wife and ive changed my life 100% since being with her. Now she is displaying the same symptoms I displayed in the early stages of this disease. I figure once its obvious enough in both of us noone can deny whats happening but will it be too late?

Also a woman ive slept it before I met my wife displays the same physical characteristics. This virus attacks the connective tissue , is that the reason why it doesnt show up in blood test?

I had a skin biopsy along time ago by a dermatologist when they diagnosed me with folliculitus but i believe they were looking for skin cancer.

whatever it is that i have i know that its rare and hard to detect. i will work on gettin a skin biopsy test.

Thanks again Dr.

|