News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Cramp in my feet

 domdom - Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:11 pm

I am a 24 year old male. I get really bad cramp in the arches of my feet and my toes. It only occurs after doing my gymnastics training and seems to have got worse over the years. My coach suggested I do stretching exercises on my feet to improve my toe point which I have been doing for a few months now but it hasn't made any difference. Is there anything else I can do to stop it?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:40 am

User avatar Hi Domdom,

You may want to have your electrolytes tested, particularly your calcium, magnesium and potassium. If one of these electrolytes are high or low it can cause increased muscle cramping.

You may also want to see a sports medicine doctor for an evaluation to see if there are any other treatments you can try.

Best wishes.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.