Question: Hip/leg pain

jmac917 - Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:19 pm

After running full speed for about a block or two, I'm not tired but my upper thigh aches badly. Its been doing that for at least a year. If I sit down for a while it gets even worse when I get up. What is the pain? Is it serious? And what, other than sleep it off, can I do for it?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:56 pm

User avatar Dear jmac917,

i guess you are not fit or you don't exercise on regular basis and if you over use your muscles when you are not fit, you will have pain in your muscles.

jmac917 - Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:01 am

Im in shape. I ran track last year and i run all the time. Its just after every race, I'd get the same pain. As if it were a bone I keep knocking out of place. Most of the time I jus run over it. When I play basketball it never hurts. But when i fully extend to run full speed, I starts hurting and only stiffens and gets worse after rest.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:18 am

User avatar Dear jmac917,

i think that you may be you are not doing enough stretching at the begining or during your training you do not concentrate enough on the last part of running where you do the full speed meaning that you do not enough of it during your training.

The cause of pain during of after exercise is usually under training. The pain is caused by the metabolites that accumulate in the muscles and the cause of this accumulation is that the muscles do not clear them fast enough when they are under trained.

i would recommend that you see a personal trainer to see what he/she will recommend.

|