Question: upper arm pain

jervis - Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:20 am

im 25 and for the past couple of years have been experiencing upper arm pain. I cant sleep on either side as wake up in terrible pain in my arms. i keep turning over and wake up throughout the night. when i get up in the mornings my arms ache and feel weak. this goes on all day, geting easier as day goes on sometimes. only to start all over again at night. ive been to the doctor and nothing has been done, except pain killers. i had an x-ray on hands as have swelling and pain in some of my finger and knuckle joints. the result came back that it was suspected early signs of RA. which havent had any treatment for. my finger problems come and go.but the arm pain is daily. finding my shoulders and neck are now achin g with both my arms hurting all the time. my arms crack all the time, have done all my life. find my arm gets like a cramp if doesnt crack. sometimes my arms seem to tighten up and get this cramp problem.untill it loosens and is able to crack.please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:28 pm

User avatar If the doctor suspects RA, you should follow up to see what kind of treatment options you have in the way of prescription medications and physical therapy. It certainly could be this that is causing your pain.

|