Question: Pain in top of foot

FyreLez - Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:43 am

For the last month or so i have had moderate pain in the top of only my right foot, worsens the longer i am on my feet, and when i have a few days off from work the pain subsides. The pain is located away from the toes, in the area where the bone in the top of the foot is closest to the surface. i have tried different types of shoes but none seem to make a difference. by the end of one shift at work the pain is so great that i have to limp upstairs to my apartment. any ideas what could be causing this, and what i can do to remedy this?
 surfergirl - Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:33 am

Take these into consideration:

1.) Your body weight? Are you obese? Did you gain weight lately?
2.) The type of shoes you wear?
3.) Any trauma on your foot?
4.) Numbness? Tingling sensation?
 FyreLez - Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 am

I am 5'4", 140 lbs, my body weight has been fairly consistent for the last ten years or so....

i broke my left foot while on the job in the fire dept 8 years ago, but no problems with pain in that foot now, and no trauma associated with my right foot (the foot with the current problem).

the shoes i wear depend on the activity i am undertaking...Leather duty boots when i am on duty at work, tennis shoes or sandals when i am off.

|