News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain in top of foot

FyreLez - Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:43 am

For the last month or so i have had moderate pain in the top of only my right foot, worsens the longer i am on my feet, and when i have a few days off from work the pain subsides. The pain is located away from the toes, in the area where the bone in the top of the foot is closest to the surface. i have tried different types of shoes but none seem to make a difference. by the end of one shift at work the pain is so great that i have to limp upstairs to my apartment. any ideas what could be causing this, and what i can do to remedy this?
 surfergirl - Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:33 am

Take these into consideration:

1.) Your body weight? Are you obese? Did you gain weight lately?
2.) The type of shoes you wear?
3.) Any trauma on your foot?
4.) Numbness? Tingling sensation?
 FyreLez - Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 am

I am 5'4", 140 lbs, my body weight has been fairly consistent for the last ten years or so....

i broke my left foot while on the job in the fire dept 8 years ago, but no problems with pain in that foot now, and no trauma associated with my right foot (the foot with the current problem).

the shoes i wear depend on the activity i am undertaking...Leather duty boots when i am on duty at work, tennis shoes or sandals when i am off.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here