Question: Pain

fell22 - Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:13 pm

For the last 3 days, I have had reoccurring pain in the back of my head. No other symptoms, like dizziness, etc. I though at first it was sinus problems because I have allergies but I'm not sure. Tylenol or advil doesn't help but a heating pad on the spot does. The pain is a real sharp pain that comes and goes. Any ideas?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:00 pm

User avatar It would be very hard to tell without examing you in person. I advise you to see a neurologist if this does not go away or get better soon. Is the point in question tender? Do the pains wake you up at night? It could be anything from muscle strain, arthritis, neuritis to an aneurysm, or brain tumor.

fell22 - Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:39 am

Dr. Fouad, Yes, it does wake me up at night and yes, sometimes the spot is tender.

thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:18 pm

User avatar Hello fell22,

Tenderness usually points towards a local cause such as neuritis, muscle strain or arthritis. The fact that the pain wakes you up is indicative of its severity. Please have it examined as soon as possible.