News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain

fell22 - Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:13 pm

For the last 3 days, I have had reoccurring pain in the back of my head. No other symptoms, like dizziness, etc. I though at first it was sinus problems because I have allergies but I'm not sure. Tylenol or advil doesn't help but a heating pad on the spot does. The pain is a real sharp pain that comes and goes. Any ideas?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:00 pm

User avatar It would be very hard to tell without examing you in person. I advise you to see a neurologist if this does not go away or get better soon. Is the point in question tender? Do the pains wake you up at night? It could be anything from muscle strain, arthritis, neuritis to an aneurysm, or brain tumor.

Best regards,
 fell22 - Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:39 am

Dr. Fouad, Yes, it does wake me up at night and yes, sometimes the spot is tender.

thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:18 pm

User avatar Hello fell22,

Tenderness usually points towards a local cause such as neuritis, muscle strain or arthritis. The fact that the pain wakes you up is indicative of its severity. Please have it examined as soon as possible.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here