News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: popping in the back of my neck

darthvader737 - Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:32 pm

Hi, Im 23 and been smoking mj since I was 18 off and on small hits mainly before I go to sleep, its kind turned in to a habit, lately I noticed the back of my neck popping, I jest hope its nothing serious and well go away by kicking my habit, any advice? I don’t fell any bumps or anything like that.

Thanks
-John
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:00 pm

User avatar Hi!

By mj, do you mean marijuana? If so, I wouldn't wait for my neck to pop before I said goodbye to mj. Nevertheless, has this poppin of the neck been affecting you in any way? Is there pain?

If nothing else, I am not aware of any relation between mj and poppin in the neck. But it would be just a matter of time before problems of mj begin appearing. And I'd vote for dumping the habit.

bill
 funky-headaches - Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:46 pm

Hello,
I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. It mainly affects my spine and feet, but lately I have been having a lot of cracking in my cervical neck. The symptoms start off with pain and muscle stiffiness. When I move my neck during which time(s) that I have this stiffness the vertebraes (?spelling) make a cracking sound. It is very painful.

I carry the B27 antigen that is linked to anklyosing spondalytis, but my rhuematologist says the gene is not active. I don't really believe that this true. Sometimes I take flexeril to take the pain away from my spine and neck as welll as over the counter Naprosin (?spelling). I am a 44 year old female, and I have been on disability for many years because of this condition.

I get headaches almost every day and an MRI showed a small venous angioma that is draining into the main artery.

Should I ask my doctor for a MRI of my neck?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here