News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Ankle

Clair - Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:56 am

Hello,
I have a quick question. About 8 weeks ago I tore four ligaments in my ankle and had to wear a cast for 4 weeks. I still have pain, but am able to get around just fine. It is still a little stiff. About four or five days ago, I noticed a pain, almost like a bruise feeling, in the back of my ankle a little to the left of my achilles tendon (on my right ankle) I have been keeping an eye on it and it hasn't changed all that much but I was wondering if you could tell me anything. It is a hard knot kind of. Is it anything to be concerned about?
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:18 pm

User avatar Hi!

I don't feel that it should be something to be concerned about, as long as the pain doesn't increase or cause restriction of movement. But it would be prudent to get back to your doctor who can examine your leg. How old are you? Do you suffer from varicose veins?

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here