Question: Ankle

Clair - Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:56 am

I have a quick question. About 8 weeks ago I tore four ligaments in my ankle and had to wear a cast for 4 weeks. I still have pain, but am able to get around just fine. It is still a little stiff. About four or five days ago, I noticed a pain, almost like a bruise feeling, in the back of my ankle a little to the left of my achilles tendon (on my right ankle) I have been keeping an eye on it and it hasn't changed all that much but I was wondering if you could tell me anything. It is a hard knot kind of. Is it anything to be concerned about?
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:18 pm

User avatar Hi!

I don't feel that it should be something to be concerned about, as long as the pain doesn't increase or cause restriction of movement. But it would be prudent to get back to your doctor who can examine your leg. How old are you? Do you suffer from varicose veins?

bill

|