News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Shooting Pain in Extremites

heather1111 - Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:12 pm

In April of 2007 i began having random shooting pain in my arms and legs. Never at the same time and only lasting about 5-10 seconds. It went away after a month and came back in October, but again went away in November. The pains have now returned. They range from being in my upper arm, wrist, even fingers and toes, but never at the same time, usually only one spot in my body at a time.
I am 30 years old and 145 pounds. I do sit at a desk all day and have poor posture which I am working on. Have been seeing a chiro and massage therapist. I had an MRi on my neck in November and it was fine. My GP has no idea.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:29 pm

User avatar Hi heather1111 -

While your observation about poor posture is strongly suggestive of more than one pinched nerve or at least random nerve compression due to posture, it is also possible this could be caused by a deficiency of vitamin B-12. See if your GP would give you a referral to a neurologist for a consult. It's probably something as simple as posture, or perhaps that vitamin thing, but if it continues you really should find out what's causing this, as the fix is more than likely a simple one, and if it isn't corrected the problem could become worse.

Hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here