Question: Shooting Pain in Extremites

heather1111 - Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:12 pm

In April of 2007 i began having random shooting pain in my arms and legs. Never at the same time and only lasting about 5-10 seconds. It went away after a month and came back in October, but again went away in November. The pains have now returned. They range from being in my upper arm, wrist, even fingers and toes, but never at the same time, usually only one spot in my body at a time.
I am 30 years old and 145 pounds. I do sit at a desk all day and have poor posture which I am working on. Have been seeing a chiro and massage therapist. I had an MRi on my neck in November and it was fine. My GP has no idea.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:29 pm

User avatar Hi heather1111 -

While your observation about poor posture is strongly suggestive of more than one pinched nerve or at least random nerve compression due to posture, it is also possible this could be caused by a deficiency of vitamin B-12. See if your GP would give you a referral to a neurologist for a consult. It's probably something as simple as posture, or perhaps that vitamin thing, but if it continues you really should find out what's causing this, as the fix is more than likely a simple one, and if it isn't corrected the problem could become worse.

Hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us.

|