News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Arm Muscles

Frvade - Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:22 pm

I was wondering what part of the arm is exercised in the activities of A) bench press and B) arm curls (it's basically you have a bench press bar and you stand up and hold it with your palms facing up. Then you lift the bar to your chest by folding your arm upwards and then lower it back down). Also, I was wondering what exercises could be done to exercise the portions of the arm/chest that arent worked in the aforementioned exercises.
 Frvade - Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:14 pm

a 1, a 2, a BUMP
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:59 pm

User avatar Dear Frvade,

i think the bench press mainly exercises the triceps and the pectoralis muscles while the arm curls mainly exercises the biceps muscles of the arm.

Regarding the second part of the question, you will have to ask your trainer about the exercises needed.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 ices30 - Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:10 am

i've been having muscle twitching for five years and i am thirty years old in my legs ,, arms,stomach and i am fed up with it can you please help me.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here