Question: ddd, djd, scoliosis, sciatica, fibromylagia, myofacial, myos

Lpridenjoy4u@aol.com - Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:05 pm

i have several diagnosis but i am really having many problems with my back because i fall all the time about once a day due to my fibro. My neoru does not treat fibro so he says i need another doctor. What can i do? and what do i do about the pain in the mean time????? i am almost at my whits end the pain is terrible and i am suffering greatly. the only med i am on is gabitril and that seems to have no effect on me please help me. thank you...Lorna
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:21 pm

User avatar Hello:
It sounds like with your multiple problems that you need to be seen by a Pain Management specialist. These are doctors who specialize in conditions that cause chronic pain lasting months or years. They work not only on prescribing meds but treatments that may help to reduce the amount of pain you are in. Each person is unique unto themselves when it comes to experiencing pain and fortunately in our day there is a specialty for managing it. Can you ask your primary physician to refer you to a Pain Management jSpecialist? That way both can be your doctors and you hopefully will get some relief.
Regards,
Carolyn

|