News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: shoulder blade pain

shartley - Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:50 pm

ok, I have had pain just below my left shoulder blade between my shoulder and spine for a LONG time....10 years to be exact. I have had x-rays, mri...the whole 9yrds. NOTHING. I am not sure if when I told my doctor if he got the point that it wasnt my actual shoulder, but where it was; therefore, I am not sure if the pictures were taken of the right spot. What can I do to get rid of this pain? I do have a bone spur at c3 upon c4. Have had that for years too. Cant sleep with my arms up...they go numb too quick. also cant keep my arm up long enough to put the dishes away all at one time or blow dry my hair. My neck and shoulders...and upper back feel tight and hurt all of the time. I am only 24 have 2 kids and this has been effecting my maritial relationship and how I can spend time with my children. thanks so much. also did pt several times...no results
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:28 am

User avatar Dear shartley,
Have you checked with a neurologist? Its very possible that your cervical spurs have compressed C4-5 nerve roots leading to pain and weakness in the shoulder muscles (supra and infraspinatus).

If you haven't done so, I think you should seek medical help immediately.

Best regards,
 shartley - Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:27 pm

no, i havent checked with a neurologist, i will tho, ty
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:59 am

User avatar shartley,
In your case I think you should seek a neurologist before you go to a cardiologist. The main concern being that you are complaining from weakness in the shoulder blade muscles (cant keep my arm up long enough to put the dishes away all at one time or blow dry my hair).

Since you have done a stress test and it came out negative, the cardiologist can wait a little.

Best regards,
 shartley - Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:46 pm

I will, ty
 Raunda Mart - Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:49 am

i have had a muscle spasm in my right shoulder blade, many times a knot has appeared. i play softball, what should i do, it hurts to throw. n sometimes bat.???

<3 raunda mart :lol:
 rockstar39 - Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:46 am

I have been having a burning sensation in my right shoulder blade for a couple of weeks. I am a cook in a restaurant and am moving my arms alot. When I sit down and put my arms down the pain goes away in seconds, when i raise my right arm the pain returns. Feels like its burning but at the same time like its numb. Please Help.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here