Question: painful muscles in my legs when I lay down

serenity22 - Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:36 am

:wink: Hi!

For about the past 6 months since I had a benign cyst removed off of my left ovary when I lay down at night about half way through the night the muscles in my legs REALLY start hurting, it wakes me up from my sleep and I have to get up and walk. It usually stops hurting once I get out of bed. I am taking a multivitamin. Also I find I am kind of shaky lately, that is somewhat trembling.

What do you think this might be? Thank you in advance for your response and may God bless you!
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:31 pm

User avatar Hi!

Where exactly is this pain located? Is it the foot or your calf?

bill
 serenity22 - Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:48 pm

bill wrote:Hi!

bill

Hi Bill,

The pain radiates from the top of my legs all the way down to my ankles, It as if I had been standing on concrete for hours but I haven't been lately. I worked many years on concrete floors though. Do you have any ideas what this might be?

Your friend,
serenity22
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:43 am

User avatar Hi!

Is there any discoloration of the leg where you have pain? Blood clots in the legs, called DVTs could bring about such pain. Cigarette smoking can bring about pain from constriction of arteries, but this pain usually increases with activity, unlike yours. Again, electrolyte disturbance like lack of Potassium or Calcium can bring about such pain. It is best to get yourself examined for more solid determinations.

bill

|