News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: painful legs

serenity22 - Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:06 am

:wink: Hi!

Since I had surgery last April and had a benign cyst removed from my left ovary I have noticed that sometime early in the morning I start having extreme pain in both of my leges. They really, really ache. They usually stop hurting after I get up and sit for awhile. Sometimes I take an Aleve too and that helps. It only happens after I have been laying down and usually in the very early morning before I get up.

What do you think this is and what can I do for it?

Thank you in advance for you response.
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:36 pm

User avatar Hi!

Pain when lying down (or when legs are elevated) and relieved by dangling or lowering legs are usually signs of a vascular disease. You might want your doctor to determine if the blood flow to your legs are sufficient. Smoking and atherosclerosis play together to block the vessels in people suffering from vascular disease.

Hope this helps.

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here