Question: painful legs

serenity22 - Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:06 am

:wink: Hi!

Since I had surgery last April and had a benign cyst removed from my left ovary I have noticed that sometime early in the morning I start having extreme pain in both of my leges. They really, really ache. They usually stop hurting after I get up and sit for awhile. Sometimes I take an Aleve too and that helps. It only happens after I have been laying down and usually in the very early morning before I get up.

What do you think this is and what can I do for it?

Thank you in advance for you response.
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:36 pm

User avatar Hi!

Pain when lying down (or when legs are elevated) and relieved by dangling or lowering legs are usually signs of a vascular disease. You might want your doctor to determine if the blood flow to your legs are sufficient. Smoking and atherosclerosis play together to block the vessels in people suffering from vascular disease.

Hope this helps.

bill

|