"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: Elevated ANA & CRP

dmhoerig - Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:50 pm

I am a mother of 3 age 34. I experienced a complicated birth with my daughter two yrs ago in which I had severe Hyperemesis and took prednisone for over 3 mos during the pregnancy. Since then I have had boughts of extreme fatigue especially after any exertion (exercise, house cleaning). Other symptoms include intermitent low grade fevers muscle and joint pain/fatigue, headaches, weight gain/failure to loose weight even with diet and exercise due to the overwhelming fatigue I experience after exercise.

I had a physical and blood results came back with an elevated ANA and CRP. Can you pinpoint the direction I need to focus in on so I can start working on a plan to get back to myself again? What doctor do I need to see now? What could this mean?
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:55 am

User avatar Hi!

Sorry for the delay in replying. I see that you have gone through some difficult stages in life. ANA and CRP are blood tests which indicate certain disease processes, primarily involving rheumatology, and internists and rheumatologists are usually involved in the care of such patients. What is your doctor's opinion as to what is going on with you?

dmhoerig - Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:12 pm

My internist has referred me to a rheumatologist. I would like to be prepared for what ever comes my way with this. Is this a serious issue? What sort of illnesses do these test results usually imply?
Thank you for your reply.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:32 am

User avatar Hi!

Did you click on the links provided as 'ANA' and 'CRP' on my message above?

dmhoerig - Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:09 am

Thanks!!! I missed that earlier! I appreciate the information!