News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Cracking Voice of Knees (Joints)

Syed Fida Ali Shah - Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:24 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a boy of 27 years old. from last 3 years my knees are making a frightful cracking noice but no pain. I play cricket, football, volleyball, and Karate. I take exercise every day. i am afraid of this cracking voice. now a days i am feeling weakness in my kicking power.

Please advise me how do, and to whom consultant. as i have consulted many local doctors they says that this voice is due to the lack of calcium. please suggest me.

Regards,

Syed Fida Ali Shah
Chitral Pakistan
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 pm

User avatar Hello,
Some people are more prone to the "cracking" of joints but it is a normal process as bubbles form in the synovial fluid that surrounds the joint and increases when the joint is stretched. The joint recovers from the pressure drop and the gases are absorbed and for about 25 minutes or so they don't "pop" until the gas is redissolved and the air space is created again.

You don't need to see a doctor about this if it is not causing you pain or function problems because if it is just the normal cracking there is nothing to be done for it.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here