Question: Cracking Voice of Knees (Joints)

Syed Fida Ali Shah - Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:24 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a boy of 27 years old. from last 3 years my knees are making a frightful cracking noice but no pain. I play cricket, football, volleyball, and Karate. I take exercise every day. i am afraid of this cracking voice. now a days i am feeling weakness in my kicking power.

Please advise me how do, and to whom consultant. as i have consulted many local doctors they says that this voice is due to the lack of calcium. please suggest me.

Regards,

Syed Fida Ali Shah
Chitral Pakistan
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 pm

Some people are more prone to the "cracking" of joints but it is a normal process as bubbles form in the synovial fluid that surrounds the joint and increases when the joint is stretched. The joint recovers from the pressure drop and the gases are absorbed and for about 25 minutes or so they don't "pop" until the gas is redissolved and the air space is created again.

You don't need to see a doctor about this if it is not causing you pain or function problems because if it is just the normal cracking there is nothing to be done for it.

|