News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Severe Shoulderblade Pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pronurse82 - Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:34 pm

:oops:
[b]I am a 44 year old white female, who started peri-menapause at age 38, was diagnosed with Menapause at age 40, I suffer from menapausal symptoms, as well as an Hiatial Hernia since age 35.
For the past four weeks, I have been suffering from severe (right upper quadrant area) shoulderblade pain. The pain has not diminished, it bothers me all day, and especially at night. It feels very dull and piercing, I try arthritis rubs, Ice, heating pads, and hot/cold pads, but nothing takes the pain away.
When using the arthritis rubs, it eases off-just a little but returns withing minutes. I am so uncomfortable, irritable, and really tired all the time. Please help-any suggestions? :cry: [/b]
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:09 am

User avatar Hi pronurse82,
I have a question. Do you have any other symptoms such as indigestion etc. after eating certain foods that make the pain worse? The reason I'm asking this is, if the pain is located uder the right shoulder blade and you are having gastointestinal sypmtoms it may be related to gallbladder dysfuction rather than arthritic pain. I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here