Question: poss sle per gp; new symptoms now

kellylm - Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:35 pm

hi,
im a 26 year old female and in 02 i went to the dr for an earache. first time ive been since i was a kid. they ran a new patient urinalysis and they found blood and protein. its been there ever since. they also ran an ANA and its come back pos for 4-5 years. i have every sypmtom per my gp but she did not want to diag me. i have seen a rheumatologist and he said he would help. earlier this year i developed pleursy and i took nsaids and it went away as far as very sharp stabbing pains and the spasms. i kept the cough which had gotten worse 2-3 months ago and the wheezing and pain but not like before. i was still wheezing and it had gotten worse with the cough and it was productive(no blood), i started having shortness of breath and pain in my whole back to where i didnt think i was going to be able to work anymore. went to the er and pulmonologist and they did an xray and ct scan and they found something in the lower right lobe of my lung but didnt know what it was. my pulmonolist told me not to be concerned even though my inhalers he gave me were not working and neither was the strong pain meds. he thought it may just be asthma but acted like he really didnt care just wanted me to leave since i was he last patient of the day before the weekend.my question is now i still have all the symptoms but now my right shoulder hurts when my lungs hurts when i breath and its not getting any better. does anybody have an idea of whats going on. i have my thoughts but i would like some more info.

thank you
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:46 pm

I think you posted a separate note about this same problem, and I've responded to it. I just found this one, which happens to ask one of my questions, in that SLE seems to be the unavoidable diagnosis, the only problem being your provider seems to be dodging the issue, most likely because it will be difficult to work with. SLE is not a simple thing. Thank goodness the rheumatologist, who is probably the most appropriate specialist anyway, will be following you.

Regarding the pulmonary issue, please see my reply to your other post. Maybe we can get the two of these together, somehow.

Best of luck to you.

|