Question: Pain in groin down my right leg

jmsb24 - Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Hello, I am a 32 year female. For over a month now I been having unexplained pain in my groin and inner right leg. I did have a baby almost 8 months ago. The pain comes and goes and is triggered when I cross over my leg or sometimes when sitting down and then sometimes when getting up and walking. Do you know what is causing my pain? Can you help?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:18 pm

User avatar Hi there -

You may have suffered an intradelivery herniation of one of the inguinal muscles, or perhaps just a pull or tear in that area. Since it took months for the pain to develop it's probably not a hernia, but it still could be. It also could be a nerve beinng impinged upon, again probably due to pregnancy or the delivery. Muscles are weakened and stretched prior to and during delivery of a baby, and a weakened muscle can eventually herniate or become inflamed. I'd have this looked at before it has a chance to progress, on the off-chance it may actually be a hernia or muscle on the verge of herniating.

I hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here, and if there's any more to the story, please fill in any blanks. Best of luck to you.

|