News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain in all distal hand joint, Dry eyes

redfeather - Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:18 am

HI

From this April of 2008, I got the pain in all my distal hand joints after I got up in the morning. I didn't dare bend them and feel very painful. But after some use, the pain disappear. Another morning, it will appear again.

And also from this year, my eyes became dry. I often woke up at night due to my eyes. I felt dry, irritable (like something inside my both eyes). I checked with eye doctors, they checked my tears secretion and found secreation is low. And now i use the artificial tears every day but still feel dry.

ANd from last year, i got the pain on my sacral lumbar part. I don't dare bend the back backward. and if i brush my teeth too long with a little bent position, i couldn't straight my back due to much pain.

I checked with my doctor, but she didn't what happened.

Actually, from the april of 2007, i began to feel the weird feeling on my both hands (such as warm or hot feeling and i have to cool my hands with cool water, or feel swollen but my hands are not actually swollen), and feel immigrant pain on my bones of the whole body. And then i was found to have the Monoclonal Gammopathy (IgG type) but have no damage on my bones (with X-ray bone scan).

I don't know my new symptoms appeared from this year is due to my abnormal IgG protein in my blood or due to other immnology diseases?

Hope i can get some feedback.

Thanks,
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:12 pm

User avatar The first thing I think about with dry eyes and hand pain (arthritis) is Sjogren's Syndrome.
This may affect all exocrine gland area and mucosa (eyes, mouth, nose, vagina.
There are secondary associations with rheumatoid arthritis, hypothyroidism, and systemic lupus.
It will be important to see a rheumatologist and get some prelimary labs (TSH, free T4, CBC, Rheumatoid factor, ANA, anti CCP, sed rate, and CRP) and xrays (feet and hands).

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here