News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: pain in the right wrist and middle finger

nikson - Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:56 am

Im from Serbia and I am a mother of three.I have 33 and serious problem with my right wrist and right middle finger,in numerous cases I can not bend it and have a huge pain.I have been in Rheumatology Institute In Belgrade and do a x-Ray and it was normal,just like the blood results.Some of the doctors told me it is an alergy to cold,but I have the same problem in the middle of the summer when is 35C.My hands are constantly cold and when the pain begins the wrist starts to begin svolen just like the middle phalanx of middle finger.

Thank tou very much for consideration.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:43 pm

User avatar Hello,
Thanks for writing in.
The pain and swelling in the wrist and middle finger sound like arthritis. There can also be inflammation of the shealths around the tendon of the middle finger. Bending the finger would cause pain. The most common area for this tenosynovitis is on the outside part of the thumb.
You may not find the exact diagnosis but should treat the symptoms of inflammation and pain with heating pad and NSAIDS like ibuprofen. During time of low or no pain, perform range of motion exercises and strength the hand and fingers with putty exercises. Use caution as too much exercise may worsen symptoms.
By the way, which labs did the doctor run?
Let us know how it goes.
 aniflora - Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:47 am

I am 26 yrs, having pain near my wrist and middle finger since 2 months. MY ESR rate is high n CSR is positive being RAF and ASO negative. Was using Ginox and Lefra by which my pains reduced bt after its completed, pain started again. Please kindly suggest me with propor diagnosis

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here