Question: Swollen fingers, fatguie, and other symptoms.

ArchangelXFactor - Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 am

I've been having issues for about four months and the list is long. The symptoms are not always present and each one comes and goes. I need help because I have no insurance and cant afford to go to anymore doctors with out some direction or idea of what it could be.

Fingers- This is the first and worst problem I've had. I had one pinkie swell, become painful and red for several weeks. Slowely other fingers began to swell one at a time. Now both hands(not the thumbs) swell at the knucle but can not move at the first joint. They are always stiff but the pain and swelling comes and goes. Also when the swelling comes there is redness in the creases of the fingers that itch. Some rash shows on the side of one or two fingers and there are some blisters that seem to be under the skin that appear randomly at this time, these don't hurt.

Fatigue- I am very tired but sometimes it is better. Last month I couldn't sleep at all and had to drag through the day and I got sick three times in four months.

Bathroom- I find that I have been thirsty and well as hungry more often and have gained some weight. I find also that when I go to the bathroom I have to go urgently and can't hold it very long and have to pee often, this is new.

Headaches- I started getting headaches about four or five months ago that hurt a lot around my eyes. It happened about once every few days and stopped for about two months and just came back yesterday. These headaches are unbearable. I think they are migraines but I never had one till now.

Right knee- My right knee feels weak but not all the time. One in awhile when I'm walking my foot drags for a minute or when I sit for awhile it is hard to get steady for a minute. Elbows and forearms have some pain too but I figure it is from my hands.

Rash- My face has not really a rash but I have had a few times what looked like an acne out break on my cheeks that came out of nowhere. Yet when I go to bed and wake up it is gone or just no longer red. My cheeks are often red but I don't know if it is a rash because I am always cold and wear a lot of clothes and may just be hot. Does itch a little right now.

- I get shaky and upset when I don't eat. When I had tests done for this they said that I had nothing on my hand xrays and I didn't have arthritis. They said my sugar came back high twice and they said I was diabetic but then the a1c was time and other sugar tests were normal. My sugar is just all over the place it seems and I feel bad it I don't eat a lot.

Please help, I have put a lot of my savings into this and may have to just deal with it if I don't find a solution.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Have you been tested for lupus with an ANA test?
Have you possibly been exposed to tick / tick bite / or noticed a bull's eye rash on your body?

Off the bat, I'm thinking about lupus (multiple joint arthritis and facial rash) and Lyme disease (severe headace, rash, and joint pain).

What tests have been done already and what have the physcians said so far about your condition.

Thanks.

|