Question: lupas anticoagulant vs Tendon/Ligament damage

bonesjrw - Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:40 am

I have had 2 surgeries for ligament repair and 1 for tendon repair in my ankle. I now have a complete retracted tear of the peroneus brevis tendon with mild tendinosis of the peroneus longus tendon. Also there is degenerative changes at the fourth TMT joint and second naviculocuneiform joint. The 2 Ortho. doctors have told me they are reluctant to do another surgery due to the scarring along my ankle area. I have had 5 surgeries to this ankle with multiple DVT's and one episode of bilateral PE. Is there any relationship of the L.A. as to the weekness of my tendons/ligaments. What is causing this most recent tear as I did nothing active to cause this?
Thanks,
Bonesjrw
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:39 am

Your past medical history shows that you have undergone multiple surgical procedures on various joints. You have not indicated the basic underlying problem (which perhaps is the reason why your tendons and ligaments are weak).

Lupus anticoagulants and anticardiolipin antibodies are known to produce recurrent thrombotic events but not known (to the best of my knowledge) to produce tendon or ligamentous laxity.They are however, known to produce 'porcelaine-white' scars in the skin.

|