Question: pain in llower left leg on shin

patbick - Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:44 pm

I have really bad pain in the lower front of my left leg,it is like a burning inside the leg,what could it be
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue May 05, 2009 9:07 pm

Pain at the medial shin could be shin splints (where the posterior tibialis connects to the tibia and suffer microtrauma).

I would need to get more history to suggest more accurate diagnosis.

Was there trauma, how long has the pain been there, is there swellling, what makes it worse, is the pain constant, gradual versus sudden onset, etc.

These questions help point to a specific diagnosis.

In any case, a visit to the family physician may be in order.

patbick - Sat May 09, 2009 6:55 pm

I have had this pain now for approx 2 - 3 months and its nearly painful consistantly now it is like a constant tooth ache but in my lower front leg.It is only from the top of my left foot up about half wayn to my knee and there is a feeling like a burning sensation inside the front of the leg. There is no swelling and any color difference between both my legs
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun May 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Your description enhances my suspicion of shin splints but have a doc check it out to get an accurate diagnosis.

|