News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: pain in llower left leg on shin

patbick - Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:44 pm

I have really bad pain in the lower front of my left leg,it is like a burning inside the leg,what could it be
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue May 05, 2009 9:07 pm

User avatar Hello,
Pain at the medial shin could be shin splints (where the posterior tibialis connects to the tibia and suffer microtrauma).

I would need to get more history to suggest more accurate diagnosis.

Was there trauma, how long has the pain been there, is there swellling, what makes it worse, is the pain constant, gradual versus sudden onset, etc.

These questions help point to a specific diagnosis.

In any case, a visit to the family physician may be in order.

Take care.
 patbick - Sat May 09, 2009 6:55 pm

I have had this pain now for approx 2 - 3 months and its nearly painful consistantly now it is like a constant tooth ache but in my lower front leg.It is only from the top of my left foot up about half wayn to my knee and there is a feeling like a burning sensation inside the front of the leg. There is no swelling and any color difference between both my legs
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun May 17, 2009 10:04 pm

User avatar Hello,
Your description enhances my suspicion of shin splints but have a doc check it out to get an accurate diagnosis.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here